June 7, 2009

Our green turn!

It was World Environment Day, last Friday. So what! It's just another day for me. I have always been this environment friendly person. It was Friday and that means our customary lunch day. We were in mood for some continental food. We knew 'the only place' was the place. They serve awesome food. Their steaks, easily the best in Bangalore. Pretty pungent, their mustard sauce will give you the kick. The place is a huge hit among the foreigners too. Before it starts to sound like a restaurant review let me get to the point.

Call it kismet or karma, it was one of the places in Bangalore, Zee Cafe had chosen to run their 'Green Turn' campaign. The initiative welcomes people to take home a sapling (it's a gift) and care for it. Their motto is "Adopt a sapling. Take the oath. Be a potster! "


“I, from this day forward, promise to care for this sapling, to water it and protect it from all harm. I am taking a green turn. This is my contribution for a greener earth.”

That’s the Green Oath we took to take our saplings home. It was nice to see Prathima and Bala too venturing out to be potsters.


My healthy little sapling (it's actually a small sized indoor plant, an absolutely maintenance free Syngonium) is sitting pretty in a corner in my living room. The day was special in a totally unanticipated way.

4 comments:

Sajeev said...

Syngonium in living room:
Good God! this human our hero,look at her gobble down all that meat,not a single plant on her plate.

Minu said...

I'm not sure if I understood that. You and your cryptic comments! Or was that a bot's job? ;)

Christelle Pinto Desai said...

I came across this article where some GREEN move selected NOKIA the Uno brand this year for its green consciousness. According to them…. Nokia will plant a sapling for every handset it discards, irreligious of their model or brand which is the biggest hit this year.

Also you would be glad to hear, that India has launched its first eco-friendly Bamboo series NOTEBOOK :).

Minu said...

Hey Chris! Nice to see your comment. Mobile phones too contribute to global warming. It's a great thing that Nokia thought of planting a sapling for every sale. Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of it. :)